Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mom today seems to be one of those days when I wish that you were here to give me some parental advice. I would look to you as someone wise with all the right answers. Do I just sit back and let them live their own lives and make their own choices, even though I know that the choices they are making are the wrong ones. When I try to intervene, they shun me and give me the silent treatment. Don’t they realize that I only have their best interest at heart? I would never do anything to harm them; I just want them to get along. When I voice this, it’s as though I’ve put a dagger through their hearts.
Mother…what would you have told me to do?
I know, you would have told me to stand back and let them make their own choices in life. And reminded me that
God has a plan for them.

3 comments:

Tomas Dennis said...

Good morning sis. son and daughter-in-law got in about 12 midnight. They are sleeping as I write.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I'm glad they made it home safely.

Tanginika-Simone said...

Hopefully they will discover their own path sooner than later, and appreciate the lessons they have learned to use them while walking on those rocky roads.